CureTinnitus.org Initial Assessment Quiz
here’s a little bit about what it takes to publish caring, honest, correct, scientifically sound health information online
i kinda wanted to let you know what it’s like to publish health-related content online. it’s brutal…
…destructive efforts have included methods like:
- personal attacks
- via FaceBook messenger, FaceBook comments, blog comments, email
- financial attacks
- buying in bulk via fraudulent credit cards,
- hack attacks
- deceptive attacks (stealing my info and using it to sell scam products resulting in possibly thousands of people mistakenly thinking “I” sold them a poorly-written scammy eBook)
well, i’d say the site isn’t working that badly…could you do me a favor and log in and log out, watch some videos, leave some comments, send me a message to my private inbox — maybe click on the members list and send someone a friend request?
oh — and maybe you’d like to be a “featured student?”
also, important: to access the site, you need to register. it’s free. (more…)
Donate to support our cause! Every little bit helps…
Really happy to show this page to you!
Wow, it took a lot.
A lot of
But please go check out this page: https://www.curetinnitus.org/m...y-account/
You can manage your whole CureTinnitus.org profile there. You’ll see, I’ve made a lot of progress reconfiguring the site with “courses,” and eventually, we just might see more courses appear, made by the latest tinnitus remission advocates and therapists 🙂
The donation tool is completely new. Phew! That took A LOT of research.
- DONE (29. December 2017)
Fix apostrophe in adz.world display
- IN PROGRESS Make large 3 item top menu bar (Progress 2017-12m-29d: sent in support ticket to BuddyBoss)
- improve the site navigation so it makes more sense
- Check/Fix registration and login links
- 2017-12m-30d: added hard-coded ubermenu
- 2018-01m-03d Note: improve site navigation as per point 2.1
- improve look of join_options table in join_options shortcode
- IN PROGRESS — 2018-01m-03d Note: might be good enough for now….
Add TOS to registration
- DONE (2018-01m-02d)
- Go through each menu item and see if the content and content flow make sense
- Fix the content here: https://www.curetinnitus.org/s...-tinnitus/ and on other pages to reflect the adz.world based or donation based or guided support based membership options
- What is curetinnitus.org? — a living book with many contributors, coordinated by Dainis W. Michel (more…)
- DONE (29. December 2017)
- Dainis W. Michel: tinnitus onset Feb 15 2002 4:30 PM
- CureTinnitus.rg domain was registered by Dainis W. Michel on March 3d, 2004.
- Blogging about progress, domain purchased as an intention, not as a cure — so the domain completes the thought: i wish to cure (my) tinnitus.
- Addition of forum
- Lots of nice people joined the forum, but then some incredibly angry people came along and threatened Dainis.
- Dainis thought about how to finance the website, because management was getting time-intensive
- Managing spam posts was getting to be about 2hrs per day
- Update to WordPress
- Dainis interviewed doctors, therapists, and those who had healed themselves of tinnitus. Dainis organized 28 Cure Tinnitus Shows and various support videos. The reason for interviewing and recording the interviews was essentially, because Dainis had run out of money traveling around the world seeking to cure his case of tinnitus. So, interviewing people for the website and helping others while helping himself seemed like a reasonable approach.
- The intention to create a not-for-profit was one of the original goals for the website, but bringing that intention to full fruition simply seemed like a costly, time-consuming, not-that-worthwhile output of effort.
- 2011 – focus on family matters
- 2013 – Due to the unjust legal acknowledgement of fictional debts, Dainis has his business license revoked. No earnings or even transactions were allowed under the threat of significant penalties or jail time. Dainis pressed charges and insisted that people only be required to pay actual debts and not fictional ones. Dainis won his process against the Austrian Finanzamt, and the revocation of his business license was overturned in late 2016.
- 2017 – Rebuilding the website. What business form is it even? It’s simply an information platform that Dainis provides for free, in exchange for ad views or donations.
- 2018 Doctors, therapists and counselors can create profiles and charge by the minute for tinnitus consultation.
I am super pleased, that on this Christmas Eve (2017), I woke up super early and fixed all of the links for our Recently Acquired Tinnitus (RAT) eCourse/, and access is completely free!
…and yeah, though i haven’t had the heart to really charge anyone any money for this site, would it be super-cool to receive a sizable donation? YES!
But you don’t have to donate — I can’t hang with the thought that someone who needs access — someone barely hanging onto life suffering from tinnitus winds up finding CureTinnitus.org with a big ole price tag on it. Nah. If you’ve been in that dark place that tinnitus can take you to, with suicide lurking around the corner and incredibly negative messages around you, then you know what I mean.
But, if you’ve come around to coping, management, or even remission — that hey — it would be super lovely to receive a few significant donations as a sign of gratitude and support 🙂
After several weeks of painstaking effort, all of the CureTinnitus.org videos work again. I needed to fish them out from various locations, upload them, etc. I still need to update the site architecture a bit, and then the site will be “up and running again.”
Come on by, you can join for free. Also, alums and graduates — of course you are welcome back without any charges whatsowever!
Am I being foolish by just making the whole site free? (more…)
so, i am now finding out that my visage has been used to promote other people’s products — for the last 5-6 years. at least hundreds of thousands of youtube views, and possibly thousands of products sold.
basically, i am here saying: if you come down with tinnitus, it really is time to take care of yourself properly. and i am recommending learning from people who have been successful at managing, reducing, or eliminating their tinnitus. which i am going to say is a reasonable strategy.
before this archive disappears, here’s a screenshot of a (more…)