Hi, these are our new terms and conditions… (more…)
- DONE (29. December 2017)
Fix apostrophe in adz.world display
- IN PROGRESS Make large 3 item top menu bar (Progress 2017-12m-29d: sent in support ticket to BuddyBoss)
- improve the site navigation so it makes more sense
- Check/Fix registration and login links
- 2017-12m-30d: added hard-coded ubermenu
- 2018-01m-03d Note: improve site navigation as per point 2.1
- improve look of join_options table in join_options shortcode
- IN PROGRESS — 2018-01m-03d Note: might be good enough for now….
Add TOS to registration
- DONE (2018-01m-02d)
- Go through each menu item and see if the content and content flow make sense
- Fix the content here: https://www.curetinnitus.org/s...-tinnitus/ and on other pages to reflect the adz.world based or donation based or guided support based membership options
- What is curetinnitus.org? — a living book with many contributors, coordinated by Dainis W. Michel (more…)
- DONE (29. December 2017)
- Dainis W. Michel: tinnitus onset Feb 15 2002 4:30 PM
- CureTinnitus.rg domain was registered by Dainis W. Michel on March 3d, 2004.
- Blogging about progress, domain purchased as an intention, not as a cure — so the domain completes the thought: i wish to cure (my) tinnitus.
- Addition of forum
- Lots of nice people joined the forum, but then some incredibly angry people came along and threatened Dainis.
- Dainis thought about how to finance the website, because management was getting time-intensive
- Managing spam posts was getting to be about 2hrs per day
- Update to WordPress
- Dainis interviewed doctors, therapists, and those who had healed themselves of tinnitus. Dainis organized 28 Cure Tinnitus Shows and various support videos. The reason for interviewing and recording the interviews was essentially, because Dainis had run out of money traveling around the world seeking to cure his case of tinnitus. So, interviewing people for the website and helping others while helping himself seemed like a reasonable approach.
- The intention to create a not-for-profit was one of the original goals for the website, but bringing that intention to full fruition simply seemed like a costly, time-consuming, not-that-worthwhile output of effort.
- 2011 – focus on family matters
- 2013 – Due to the unjust legal acknowledgement of fictional debts, Dainis has his business license revoked. No earnings or even transactions were allowed under the threat of significant penalties or jail time. Dainis pressed charges and insisted that people only be required to pay actual debts and not fictional ones. Dainis won his process against the Austrian Finanzamt, and the revocation of his business license was overturned in late 2016.
- 2017 – Rebuilding the website. What business form is it even? It’s simply an information platform that Dainis provides for free, in exchange for ad views or donations.
- 2018 Doctors, therapists and counselors can create profiles and charge by the minute for tinnitus consultation.
I am super pleased, that on this Christmas Eve (2017), I woke up super early and fixed all of the links for our Recently Acquired Tinnitus (RAT) eCourse/, and access is completely free!
…and yeah, though i haven’t had the heart to really charge anyone any money for this site, would it be super-cool to receive a sizable donation? YES!
But you don’t have to donate — I can’t hang with the thought that someone who needs access — someone barely hanging onto life suffering from tinnitus winds up finding CureTinnitus.org with a big ole price tag on it. Nah. If you’ve been in that dark place that tinnitus can take you to, with suicide lurking around the corner and incredibly negative messages around you, then you know what I mean.
But, if you’ve come around to coping, management, or even remission — that hey — it would be super lovely to receive a few significant donations as a sign of gratitude and support 🙂
After several weeks of painstaking effort, all of the CureTinnitus.org videos work again. I needed to fish them out from various locations, upload them, etc. I still need to update the site architecture a bit, and then the site will be “up and running again.”
Come on by, you can join for free. Also, alums and graduates — of course you are welcome back without any charges whatsowever!
Am I being foolish by just making the whole site free? (more…)
so, i am now finding out that my visage has been used to promote other people’s products — for the last 5-6 years. at least hundreds of thousands of youtube views, and possibly thousands of products sold.
basically, i am here saying: if you come down with tinnitus, it really is time to take care of yourself properly. and i am recommending learning from people who have been successful at managing, reducing, or eliminating their tinnitus. which i am going to say is a reasonable strategy.
before this archive disappears, here’s a screenshot of a (more…)
Dear CureTinnitus.org Family,
…i’ve updated the links and video serving tech setup for Cure Tinnitus Shows 17-28 now. A few old members have reached out to say thnx for our work, which feels wonderful 🙂
if you’re a previous member, feel free to comment and let us know how you’re doing!
the rest of the site will come online over the course of the next few days/weeks.
…we’re close 🙂
It’s rickety, it’s bumpy, but it’s…
From CureTinnitus.org (email@example.com)
After a billion and a half years (I’ll tell you why some other time), a completely imperfect, pretty much almost functional version of CureTinnitus.org is available online — and guess what?
After years of prayer and meditation, I figured out what to do about payment! People can either join as adz.world powered members (which requires adz views), or you can become a paying member to have an adz-free experience!
If you are a graduate of our program, and you’d like to be a featured student, or if you’d like to help others get better from tinnitus, please let me know 🙂
If you are a tinnitus therapist and would like to offer a course at CureTinnitus.org — please just get in touch.
If your registration breaks, just click reload or drop me a line via email. Now, even though the current setup is a bit wonky, I really powered-up the site and likely within a week — it will be optimized and rearing to go again.
Feel free to register — or login — and find broken content or videos, and complain as much as you want — I’ll fix the broken stuff and please do your best to find it LOL!
…been putting in massive hours to get things this far, so even though everything isn’t exactly as it should be, feel free to head on over to https://www.curetinnitus.org/r...egister/ and register! Did I mention that FaceBook registration works? It registers you directly for the adz.world powered membership level 🙂
Graduates, Alums, Therapists, etc., just drop me a line if you don’t want to view adz. I have it set for adz to show every 731 seconds.
Also, if you have recommendations for adz we should definitely feature, again, please feel free to drop me a line.
It’s a great relief to have a structure that not only allows (or requires) payment, but that can be accessed in exchange for advertising views without payment. It was extremely challenging for me to think of myself as someone who was “shutting people out,” and that issue basically caused the site to limp for many years.
And with adz.world, the issue is gone!
Looking forward to connecting with all of you again, if your login works, drop me a message within the member area (which is much better now).
dainis w michel